Understanding the impact of cancer pain and the access to palliative care
In this module we will learn about the consequences of not treating cancer pain including personal, social and economic costs for the patient, and the impact on family and caregivers should not be underestimated.
What will I learn in this module?
- An understanding of the impact of not treating cancer pain on the patient, their closest relationships, the healthcare practitioner, and the healthcare system
- Challenges to effective pain as well as proposed strategies to overcome these and improve patient outcomes.
- Defining palliative care principles in the context of cancer treatment.
- Understand the importance of early integration of palliative care in the cancer care continuum.
- Recognize the value of interdisciplinary collaboration in providing holistic cancer pain management and palliative care.